Re: Locatedb not Updating

> In another mail you were asked a single question. Do you have a response
> to that question?
Stated that machine does not run 24h

> In the same mail an observation was made. It implied that the file
> cron-spamassassin-rules was put in /etc/cron.daily by you and not by a
> Debian package. Do you have a response to that too?

Here is the contents
#!/bin/sh -e
#
        spamd -4
        # do spamassassin rules update
        echo "Updating Spamassassin rules..."
        sa-update&
        sleep 30
        #echo "Restarting Spamassassin daemon..."
        /etc/init.d/spamassassin restart
        echo "Done."
        #echo "Restarting Fetchmail daemon..."
        /etc/init.d/fetchmail restart
        echo "Done."

There was apparently lacking regular update of these rules. : I am pretty sure
I edited that file (first line) from somewhere but to not recall placing it here
date with which it is marked. Content was formerly in my rc.local . I have
moved it out, see what happens.

Where would correct Debian practice so assure timely update of these rules?
There is has been a recurring error (reason from the spamd 4), previously
sited here.