Re: Unable to execute a script without asking for sudo password, even after editing sudoers file.

> Don't know what rvm is, but I'm quite sure it didn't create your
> ~/.profile.

rvm is ruby version manager[1]. I installed it recently when I started
learning ruby on rails.

> But it did change yours. I don't like it when programs mess with my
> files.

That's what, Did you see how i got so many repetitions in my $PATH.
At this moment if I just echo $PATH and place each directory on one line,
this is the repetition that I get:

/home/neo1691/bin  [*]
:/home/neo1691/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p451@railstutorial_rails_4_0/bin
/home/neo1691/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p451@global/bin
/home/neo1691/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.0.0-p451/bin
/usr/local/bin
/usr/bin
/bin
/usr/local/games
/usr/games
/home/neo1691/.rvm/bin  [**]
/home/neo1691/bin  [*]
/home/neo1691/.rvm/bin  [**]
/home/neo1691/.rvm/bin  [**]

There you see the repetitions. I am really concerned about that.

> Sorry, my mistake, I meant ~/.profile. ~/.environment is where I keep
> environment variables and I source it from ~/.profile.

That is a really good idea. But I loved the idea of .profile

> If I recall correctly lightdm does not source ~/.profile, so I do it in
> ~/.xsessionrc.

So I need to create this one.

> The logical place for that would be ~/.profile (or a file sourced in
> ~/.profile to not clutter it), since that should be read on login.

So the practice is to store all your variables in ~/.profile?

> Except that it's not read by some display managers so I had to use
> ~/.xsessionrc for that.

And assuming that I have my .profile set up with my PATH variable that I want to
use, I can create a ~/.xsessionrc and just source ~/.profile in it?
That should work right?

[1]http://www.rvm.io
--
Regards,