Re: Unable to execute a script without asking for sudo password, even after editing sudoers file.

On Du, 30 mar 14, 16:44:13, Anubhav Yadav wrote:
> This script is stored in home/neo1691/bin/ directory and the directory
> is added in the PATH variable by adding   'export
> PATH=${PATH}:/home/neo1691/bin' in my .~/.bashrc file
> 2) Is exporting the PATH variable like I had did is the correct way to
> add my directory to PATH,

The default ~/.profile on Debian already has:

    # set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
    if [ -d "$HOME/bin" ] ; then
        PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH"
    fi

Now you just have to make sure whatever method you use to start X is
also sourcing ~/.environment.

> if I want the other processes to also access the scripts in
> that folder?

Depends on what you want to achieve. Because you put $HOME/bin at the
end of $PATH (instead of in front as ~/.environment does) a script with
the same name in one of the other directories will take precedence over
yours, which may or may not be what you want.

This is not a problem in your particular case[1], but might bite you
when you're trying to override a system script or binary with your own.

[1] according to apt-file there is no 'i3exit' file in Debian.

Kind regards,
Andrei