Re: [i3]Not able to get the reboot/suspend script work.

> Lightdm also uses /etc/X11/Xsession, which does a lot more than starting
> a window manager. However, it does source ~/.xsession.

I created an .xsession and the contents were as follows:

#!/bin/bash
# Set PATH
PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH

Yet I am not able to call my i3exit script ( which I have stored in
~/bin directory)
from i3. Because somehow the PATH variable is not set according to either i3
or according to lightdm. I also have other problems with lightdm, which I would
like to discuss but lets stay on the topic for now.

> Once you feel you have to alter a system file to do something (which WM
> to use?) which affects only one user you have lost it. Your ~/.xsession
> is perfectly alright. Adding to /usr/share/xsessions or altering
> lightdm.conf are not actions to be taken as a matter of course and are
> usually not warranted.

Yes that's the lesson you taught me when I messed up with my global
.Xresources directory. ( Remember ) :)

I somehow need to get /home/neo1691/bin into my PATH variable before
starting i3, or before starting lightdm.

Thanks for hearing me out!

--
Regards,
Anubhav Yadav