Re: Dual Display from ATI 7700

On 3/30/14, 3:03 AM, ray wrote:
I would like to have my desktop stretched over my two displays.  But my two displays are cloned, the same things shows up on both displays.  How do I fix it?

I don't know the "correct" way to do it, but I've had semi-success with two different methods:

1) Run KDE, and use one of the KDE tools to specify the "extended desktop" mode; sorry I don't recall the exact tool or process at the moment.

2) "apt-get install arandr" and then run arandr after X is running, and drag the one monitor icon off of the other, so that they're side-by-side. This arrangement won't hold over a restart of X without some extra tweaking, but that might get you started.

--
Kent