Re: Re: Suspend leads to black screen without sleep [Dell Latitude E6440]

On 3/19/14, Carl Fink <carl@finknetwork.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 07:57:56AM -0300, Marcelo Laia wrote:
>> I have a similar problem.
>
> Just started happening on my homebuilt system, as well. Should we file a
> bug report? Against which package?

I would think first off against the kernel (3.12-rt and 3.13-rt kept
hanging at early boot for me), but there are _so_ many kernel bugs
filed in Debian, and all the 'hang at boot' ones are of course
'critical', so unfortunately they do not appear to be very useful at
all - even in my case where I tested each point release of 3.12 rt and
did some network logging and attempted serial logging - all against
the same bug, and perused the other bugs first, and I got absolutely
no response to date (over a month or two I think).

If you are on sid, perhaps try a few different kernels, or if all else
fails try to build your own.

Good luck,
Zenaan