Re: Samba on Sid

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 15:38:47 +0200
David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:

> > > Packages have been held back for quite a while now. Attempt to
> > > upgrade will remove a whole bunch of stuff.
> > >

> > > What is happening with this?
> > >

> > What do you have? I have samba, samba-common, samba-libs and a few
> > more packages, all at 2:4.1.6+dfsg-1, which is claimed to be the
> > latest version. Do you have another samba-related package with a
> > larger set of dependencies?
>
> I have the six packages 2.4.0.8+dfsg-1.
> Upgrading to the 2.4.1.6-dfsg-1 set will remove lib packages:
> libsmbd0 [2:4.0.8+dfsg-1]
> libnetapi0 [2:4.0.8+dfsg-1]
> libsamba-policy0 [2:4.0.8+dfsg-1]
> libsmbclient-raw0 [2:4.0.8+dfsg-1]
> libndr-standard0 [2:4.0.8+dfsg-1]
> libsamdb0 [2:4.0.8+dfsg-1]
> libsamba-credentials0 [2:4.0.8+dfsg-1]
> libndr0 [2:4.0.8+dfsg-1]
> libsamba-hostconfig0 [2:4.0.8+dfsg-1]
> libsamba-util0 [2:4.0.8+dfsg-1]
>
> Maybe I do not need these at all and should simple go ahead?

Most of them only show up in wheezy, but with a 4.0.0... number, some
don't currently exist anywhere. It's possible they're all just
obsolete, and it's fairly certain they will never again appear in sid,
so maybe you have no choice but to nuke them. Fingers crossed, there's
never a dull moment in sid...

--
Joe