future data grow aticipation

Hi,

I need to deploy a Debian virtual machine which will host an apache website with a pictures database. That database will grow of course. ;-)
My idea is to have a VM with 2 disks.
Disk1 (8GB)
Has a 300MB primary partition, mountpoint /boot
Remaining disk space als LVM to be divided into 2GB /, 2GB swap and remaining 3+GB /var,
Disk 2 is a 1TB (thin provisioned) disk all of which will be assigned as a LVM partition with a logical volume /var/www

Supposedly I can now easily grow /var/www when I need more space. Right?
Just to make sure I have things right......
When I need more than the 1TB data I can extend the disk in my VMware hypervisor to 1,5TB. Have Debian do a rescan of the disk (for instance via a reboot of the machine)
After that I do a pvcreate on the new free diskspace, then add it to the vgroup that holds the data and then add that data to the logical volume holding /var/www
Right?
Of am I missing something? Is there a better / easier way?
Would adding another 1TB disk to the VM and adding that to the vgroup be a better scenario? That imitates the "physical word scenario" where people add an extra physical disk to a machine. Plenty of examples for that on the net.

Bonno Bloksma