Re: firewire_ohci does not create devices in testing/jessie

On 03/23/2014 11:49 AM, Brian wrote:
On Sun 23 Mar 2014 at 10:35:46 +0100, Sietse Achterop wrote:

I am having trouble using my Sony camcorder with dvgrab. It is connected using a PCMCIA Firewire Notebook
Adapter from Belkin.
This is when using Testing/Jessie installed using the installer from March 16-th, so just a few
days before the alfa release of the installer.

The problem is that the /dev/fw? devices are not created.
Why does that not happen, while the hardware seems to be recognised as shown by the logs, see below.
Also, the Sony camcorder recognizes the DV-interface when firewire cable is connected.

It all worked perfectly under debian wheezy.

   Is there a better way to debug this?

I would install Wheezy, check the operation of the of the device, upgrade
to Jessie and check again.

    Good advice.
It worked on this notebook under wheezy a few months ago. But now using a live-cd of wheezy (7.4) it
does not work anymore. Also, using the dualboot windows XP no device is recognized.
So I assume a hardware failure.
Thanks for the reply,
     Sietse