Re: firewire_ohci does not create devices in testing/jessie

On Sun 23 Mar 2014 at 10:35:46 +0100, Sietse Achterop wrote:

> I am having trouble using my Sony camcorder with dvgrab. It is connected using a PCMCIA Firewire Notebook
> Adapter from Belkin.
> This is when using Testing/Jessie installed using the installer from March 16-th, so just a few
> days before the alfa release of the installer.
>
> The problem is that the /dev/fw? devices are not created.
> Why does that not happen, while the hardware seems to be recognised as shown by the logs, see below.
> Also, the Sony camcorder recognizes the DV-interface when firewire cable is connected.
>
> It all worked perfectly under debian wheezy.
>
>   Is there a better way to debug this?

I would install Wheezy, check the operation of the of the device, upgrade
to Jessie and check again.

Because you are helping to test the installer for Jessie I would use the
Alpha 1 image to try to narrow down whether the problem lies with the
installer or elsewhere.