Re: Fonts providing emojis?

First of all, sorry for being a bit out of sync with the thread

On Tuesday, March 18, 2014 10:02 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.n

> I have got doubts that "Fonts for Ancient Scripts" are "increasingly
> widely used".

Ralf, I think that you are a bit wrong with this statement.

The increased popularity of computing, the adoption of multi-byte
encoding and the computational and storage power available today
increase the usage of computers in humanistic studies: now a
linguistics scholar can afford a system to do linguistic research say,
on Ottoman turkish (arabic writing - btw ancient Greek students already
had TeX (if they knew they had it ;) ).

It is not "increasingly widely" as for "larger user base" but for
"larger number of uses".

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO