Re: Debian Wheezy 7.4 apt-cacher can only access from localhost

On 19/03/14 18:18, Rick McCombs AD5DU wrote:
> I installed Debian Wheezy 7.4 on my Tower and my laptop.
> I installed apt-cacher on the tower and it work when I use it from localhost.

Do you mean "apt-cacher" or "apt-cacher-ng"??

> I did not change the default config, which allows connections from any host.

Are you sure? (Perhaps the default config has changed since I last used
it instead of apt-cacher-ng)

Please post the output of:-
$ grep "allowed_hosts" /etc/apt-cacher/apt-cacher.conf

> I am behind a home gateway and I'm not going to forward the port from
> the outside.
> When I try to connect from my laptop I get the following.
>

> root@ricks-acer:~# apt-get update

<snipped>

> W: Failed to fetch
> http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/dists/wheezy-updates/contrib/binary-i386/Packages
>  *403  Access to cache prohibited*
>
> E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
> ones used instead.
> root@ricks-acer:~#

Log emphasis mine.

Kind regards