Re: I mistakenly installed 32 bit Debian. How can I ensure that I'm installing 64 bit?

Steve Litt of Troubleshooters.Com wrote, On 03/06/2014 04:50 PM:

> I'd characterize it as Reco was very kind, in the tradition of free
> software mailing lists, and answered Patrick's question.

Yes.  I'm now installing Debian on my desktop machine, and *duh* right
there at boot-up is the 64-bit install option.  In my mad dash a few
days ago I just hit Enter on the top "Install" option.

Thanks for your help everyone.  I'll try to keep the noise down
henceforth, and aim to help others as I develop more expertise.  I've
been programming for 40 years, but I need more experience in the O.S.
department.  I should become useful to this list in time.

-- Patrick