Re: mounting nfs on boot -- Was: Replacing systemd

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 01:52:19PM +0000, Darac Marjal wrote:
> Boot speed isn't systemd's goal. It's just a side-effect.
>
> Systemd's real goals are being event driven (so, for example, you don't
> mount a file system until the device is ready - at the moment, debian
> does this with a two-pass mount script: one pass to mount local
> filesystems, then another after networking is up to mount remote
> filesystems, but this gets messy if you have a complex system.) and
<snip>

Hey, maybe you can tell me why my nfs mounts don't get mounted at boot
time on my computer that uses wicd to manage its wireless network
interface.  The network comes up at boot time (it doesn't require a user
to log in first).  Currently I stick "sleep 10s && mount -a" in /etc/rc.local
in order to mount the nfs shares, but I know that shouldn't be necessary.

-Rob