Re: Firmware stuff - was systemd FUD

On Tue, 4 Mar 2014, Scott Ferguson wrote:

On 04/03/14 17:11, Bret Busby wrote:
On Mon, 3 Mar 2014, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

On Lu, 03 mar 14, 18:57:09, Bret Busby wrote:

I think that it is unfortunate that we are apparently expected to
throw out all of our hardware (including printers and other such
accessories), and, replace it all, each time a new version of an
operating system, is released.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

(not implying this is the case here though)

The MFP thing, as far as I am aware (I have not yet been able to use
all of its functionality, due to the Debian policy regarding
firmware) [...]

The two things are unrelated, except perhaps by the second law of
thermodynamics. :)

Assumptions. Please start a new thread about how to get your MFP running
with recent Debian.

Query was posted to Debian Printing mailing list in October 2013. No
response.

There you go again, that's the second time you've done that in this
thread - refusing to acknowledge the requests of others while
simultaneously expecting their assistance.

Instead of your launching into gratuitous personal attacks, perhaps you could post any response to my query that I posted on the Debian Printing mailing list on 01 October 2013?

I have just (yet again) searched through the folder for that mailing list, for that month, and, found no response.

Perhaps, you could clarify your gratuitously hostile response?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."