Re: broken apt " -f install" wont fix what to do ?

> Hi all,
>  when you have an error of apt-get
>>
>> Préparation du dépaquetage de .../systemd-sysv_215-8_amd64.deb ...
>> Dépaquetage de systemd-sysv (215-8) sur (215-7) ...
>> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>

>   which recommends -f install
>  which could not be fixed using it is there a kind of procedure to repair it
> ?
> untranslated  quote:
>>
>> Préparation du dépaquetage de .../systemd-sysv_215-8_amd64.deb ...
>> Dépaquetage de systemd-sysv (215-8) sur (215-7) ...
>> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

You can, usually, get the English output by prefixing the command with
LANG="C" such as in

LANG="C" apt-get update

Having the English messages makes it easier to search the net and post
questions to English speaking forums.

As Cindy suggested, the solution depends on the error message
displayed before the part you posted.

Sometimes, it is a configuration error that prevents dpkg-configure
from completing its installation. Fixing it may solve the problem.

I also saw such error when there was a conflict with another package
or with files I installed manually from sources without using Debian
installer.

If the package is broken, it can be removed to solve the problem but
it looks like systemd-sysv may be hard to get out of your system!
People, please, this is *not* a hint to start a new round against
systemd all over again!!! :-)

Frederic