Re: Unable to install bootloader on software raid

Johann Spies a écrit :

> In the end I configured my partions to exclude the first 250Mb (/boot) from
> the raid and I could install Grub just to have a working system.
>
> It is not the best solution.

Obviously it's not. /boot should be on a RAID (and the bootloader
installed on all disks, which the installer won't do automatically) in
order for the system to be able to boot after any disk failure.

How did you prepare the disks the first time ?

PS : dm-raid is needed only if you want to use software BIOS RAID (aka
fakeRAID, not recommended), not Linux native RAID.