Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

> * Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com> [2014-12-12 20:07 -0800]:
>
> [...]> I prefer to manually fsck.  Easier.  I just do this as root
> before
> > shutdown -r now:
> >
> > touch /forcefsck
> >
> > On booting, fsck is run on all partitions, then the empty file
> > forcefsck is deleted. So, this only works for that particular boot.
>
> shutdown(8)
>
> ..
>        -f     Skip fsck on reboot.
>
>        -F     Force fsck on reboot.
> ..

Those shutdown options are no longer available or work in
Testing/Jessie. Tested.  Generates error and returns user to command
line without shutting down. However, forcefsck method works.

Tried to make my reply specific for Jessie since the thread originally
was.  These options are still available with Wheezy, and, I assume,
prior Debian releases.