Re: 9p/plumber to replace D-Bus?

On 12/11/2014 8:33 AM, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

Le 08.12.2014 18:59, Marty a écrit :

If this proves feasible, that's what I hope to do. I just want to know
if anyone thinks it's a good idea, before I commit time and resources.
My knowledge of all of the issues is sketchy at best.

Don't know about the feasibility.

When I first heard some guy was working on something called Wayland, I thought it sounded like something that was never going to be more than a personal project, but years later, it looks like not only is it gaining steam, it has competition. Whether that competition ever gets adopted outside of Ubuntu is a whole other question, but it exists.

These are the things that freedesktop.org is for, get something out there people can get there hands on and provide a place to discuss it. You still have to do outreach to get people interested/involved, be responsive to their feedback, etc...

Oh. Then, I doubt it's useful since my opinion is that dbus is useless (my opinion, which depends on my uses of my computers).
Why?
Because I do not see why my softwares should discuss between them without asking me.

Your entitled to your opinion.

Personally I would prefer software X gets a poke in the arm and a message indicating network status changed, screen orientation changed, configuration changed here, there was an event in software Y that X is set to react to, Z is advertising a service X can use, etc.... instead of software X having to run around to multiple locations and check all the time or on the odd occasion restart and take inventory of what has changed.

Sometimes looking at what was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j02b8Fuz73A makes it seem like what is should be a little more.

Later, Seeker