Re: 9p/plumber to replace D-Bus?

On 11/12/14 17:21, Richard Owlett wrote:
There is a market (how large???) for a single user single task computer
and OS.

It's very large indeed! Apple, and the various customers (e.g. Samsung, LG, HTC) of Google and Microsoft, are quite enthusiastic about selling devices that (superficially) cater to that market.

That is how I operate ~100% of the time. Security is a non-issue, I have
the only key to my house.  It needs only one password to cove case of
physical malicious access. There would be advantages to a maintenance
password to guard me from making careless/dumb errors on *MY OWN*
machine. It would be extremely useful if its kernel supported running
unmodified Debian packages.

Conveniently, it turns out to be possible to configure a Debian system to automatically log you in when you turn it on. I haven't *followed* any of the links duckduckgo has kindly provided me with when I typed

	debian autologin

into its search box and pressed RETURN, but at least some of them certainly appear to be useful based on the "preview" text shown in the list.