Re: [OT] was Re: rather OT - was - Re: Latin "joke", was Re: running two CPU's in parallel with e.g. Beowulf in the same box.....

On 09/12/2014, Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 11:23:04PM +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:
>> On Monday 08 December 2014 17:41:57 Michael Fothergill wrote:
>> > Perhaps the fun to be got out of it is to try doing it with different
>> > phrases and then those of us who don't know Latin take bets on how good
>> > or
>> > bad a translation it is beforehand.
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> When I was at school we had a rhyme which went:
>>
>> Caeser adsum iam forte
>> Pompey aderat;
>> Caeser sic in omnibus
>> Pompey sic in at.
>>
>> ;-)
>
> Must have been a rough driver.

I once, as a child, encountered a sod of a bus driver, that was an NZR
bus driver, on the (mostly) one lane, windy ( as in not straight,
rather than gusts of air), gravel road from Waikaremoana to Murupara,
and he "heeled and toed it", all of the way along the windy gravel
road, and, the prick would not let me leave the bus, until I had
cleaned the mess that he made me make on the (out)side of the bus,
and, he made me sit at the back of the bus for the trip, and would not
let me sit near the front of the bus, even though he was told that I
did not travel well and that me sitting at the back of the bus, would
probably make me ill.

I assume that Caesar got a similar bus driver.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."