Re: Iceweasel Latest update stealing bandwidth uselessly

On 2014-12-07, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:

> Like the OP, I am on HughesNet with savage restrictions on bandwidth
> usage and I would sure be concerned over what or who is stealing it. If
> anyone has a clue, I'd be interested in hearing it.

The Grinch stole Christmas once.

Reco's *about:config* changes have to do with Firefox's built-in
anti-phishing/anti-malware functionality (one of which has to do with
those google dogs, and one of which apparently does not).

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.safebrowsing.enabled

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.safebrowsing.malware.enabled

Anyway, "stealing bandwidth uselessly" is a terrible thing; I mean, if
you're gonna be stealing, make it useful people, make it useful.