Re: Iceweasel Latest update stealing bandwidth uselessly

On 12/07/2014 02:51 PM, Clive Standbridge wrote:
Do you subscribe to the Dali Llama somehow? :) Ric

Is that some kind of mystical Tibetan woolly creature?
Maybe the origin of the yeti myth.

Are you saying that a yeti is stealing bandwidth?? OMG.

But, from what I could google, the bandwidth stealer is from Tibet?? I have to wonder just who would profit from that bit of re-direction.

Like the OP, I am on HughesNet with savage restrictions on bandwidth usage and I would sure be concerned over what or who is stealing it. If anyone has a clue, I'd be interested in hearing it.

I suppose the OP could run Iceweasel in secure mode (no addons) and slowly add the addons back, one at a time, to see if he can spot an offender ~IF~ there isn't something else installed like Seti that could easily account for the unattended usage. Beats me, Ric

Linux user# 44256