Re: Installing Linux on a Mac Mini without OSX

On 12/05/2014 10:55 AM, Brian Sammon wrote:
On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 14:51:11 +0000
Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:

Hi Brian,

You might be in luck - I'm looking into installer stuff right now and
I've literally just got an Intel Mac Mini like yours last night to
play with. To the best of my knowledge, the Mac Mini you've got *is*
EFI capable, but doesn't work in quite the way we'd normally expect.

To confirm that, could you try the wheezy installer CD again for me
please?

It hasn't come up yet in this thread, but I just noticed that the CD
I've been using is labeled (by me) "7.0.0 i386".  I should probably get
a more recent version.
A related question: i386 or amd64?  Do you have a
recommendation/preference?

If you have 4 gigs of ram or better then amd64 would be the best from my experience, depending on CPU. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256