Re: Image cloning software

On 29/11/14 12:39 PM, Miroslav Skoric wrote:
Is there a good software for Debian 7.7 as well as for Debian 6.10 that is capable to produce a multi DVD/CD image of a working system, in a way that such image can be used later as a DVD/CD installation media for 'cloning' on the other comps (or on itself, in case of an irreparable failure of a working machine)? Thanks.

I can't answer your question directly because I believe in using technology to make hard things easy. In this case, rather than relying on CD/DVD sets, why not just use BD-RE or BD-R discs to make a complete image of your root (and boot) partition(s)? BR rewriters are cheap enough these days and can also be used to handle CDs and DVDs. Unless you've got more than 24G on your root, you don't need to split the image file.