Re: Problem with a RAID partitions

Renaud OLGIATI wrote:
> Is there a way to tell the system to create md7 at the same time as
> the others ?
>
> Where should I look ?

Is it listed in /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf file along with the rest?  I
expect that it is missing from that file and that is why it isn't
being started.

The mdadm.conf file is used by the initrd at early boot time.  After
making any modifications to that file the initramfs needs to be
updated so that it will incorporate the new changes.  There are many
ways to do this.  I usually recommend this since it will always do the
right thing.

  dpkg-reconfigure linux-image-3.2.0-4-amd64

Where linux-image-3.2.0-4-amd64 is your current installed kernel.  The
above would be for Wheezy 7.7 Stable.  Alternatively you could run
'mkinitramfs' directly.

> PS Is there a way to make vi available in the rescue console ?

Yes.  You didn't say why it isn't available for you.  I can only guess
that it is probably because you have many partitions and they are not
mounted.  That is fine.  But then you need to manually mount those
from the rescue shell.  Try 'mount -a' to read the /etc/fstab and
mount all of the listed partitions there.

Bob