Re: How to override fuse args to ntfs-3g to set permissions?

<snipped>

>> Quick comment (I will get back to this later today or early tomorrow):-
>> grep ntfs /lib/udev/rules.d/*.rules
>> /lib/udev/rules.d/80-udisks.rules:ENV{ID_FS_TYPE}=="ntfs|vfat", \
>>
>> If this does control the effect you note, (which is easy to determine),
>> then it's simple to create a rule based on it
>> (/etc/udev.d/$something.rule) that will treat your WinBackup disk
>> differently
>

> I grabbed the src for udisks, but didn't get very far. It has code that
> checks fstab and uses its entries if found, but that code isn't used. It
> always makes a call to udev_glib instead.

The default settings for external drives is in /lib, offhand I can't
remember where filetypes is taken from (somewhere in /etc ?).  Take a
look at "udisks-doc" if you're interested. Most of udisks, as you've
discovered, is binary.

Another very quick comment as I haven't had a chance to do much Debian
User stuff lately (will get back to this and an Apple udev rule this
evening).

The udisk rule I pointed out above - is fine as it is, it hides
disk/slices that would normally need to be hidden.

I need to finish testing a custom udisks rule for you that changes the
default naming of new devices that have an ntfs file system to
/dev/$Label and a udev rule that runs fuser to automount the drive (to
/media/$Label. It can be done with just udev, but it's a crude hack
(doesn't cleanly umount, creates incrementing /media/usbN). Then you
should get the Thunar support you want for Plex.

> Regards,
> Rick

Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards