Re: Replacing systemd in Jessie

On Thu, 27 Nov 2014, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> Now the strange thing: I've done some research, and it seems that all
> the init replacement procedures start with first replacing systemd
> with sysvinit, then proceeding with replacing sysvinit with the
> desired init. Anyone have info or instructions to the contrary?

If you want upstart, you can just install upstart instead of
sysvinit-core.

> I'm concerned specifically with runit.

Runit is not configured to be directly replaced without manual
intervention. Install sysvinit-core or whatever, then run the manual
configuration to run runit as /sbin/init.

In all matters of government, the correct answer is usually: "Do
nothing"
 -- Robert Heinlein _Time Enough For Love_ p428