Re: Why focus on systemd?

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 7:13 PM, Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 02:55:49PM -0700, Buntunub wrote:
>> Is this what the Debian community has devolved to?
>
> Sadly, debian-user has long failed to represent the Debian community at-large,
> and things are only getting worse.

Statistically speaking, we can't help but have a biased sample unless
the ordinary user decides to take an interest in the problems others
have. Without that interest, they don't participate here, and that's
the reason the sample is biased.

But it would even help reduce the arguing if the ordinary user would
just take an interest in writing code.

Historically speaking, though, I don't think it's getting worse.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you look at conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart,
and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself, as well.