Re: Systemd debugging

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 06:56:18PM +0100, Sven Hartge wrote:
> Haines Brown <haines@histomat.net> wrote:
>
> > I intalled Jessie and ran into troubles. One of them was an error
> > mesage during boot: Failed to Start Load Kernel Modules. Neverthess, I
> > could boot successfully. I do have /lib/modules/3.16.0-4-686-pae.
>
> > In pursuing this issue, the first thing I found out was that bootlogd is
> > not used with systemd. So instead I did:
>
> >     # systemd --test
> >     Don't run test mode as root

> Use
>
>   systemctl --failed
>
> to list failed units. Then use
>
>   systemctl status name_of_failed.service
>
> to get further information.

Sven, thank you. I did as you suggested:

  # systemctl --failed
  * systemd-modules-load.service
  * systemd-remount-fs.service

  # systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service
  Locked: loaded (/lib/sysdemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static
  Active: failed (Result: exit-code)...
  Process: 199 ExecStart=/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load (code
    = existed, status=1/FAILURE

The systemctl status run on systemd-remount-fs.service has same return
except for the process number.

>   systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service
>
> which should show you the logs associated with the failed modules.
> Probably you have modules listed in /etc/modules which cannot be loaded.

Did I miss a pointer to a log? How otherwise would I identify modules
that can't be loaded?

Haines