Debootstrap and Multistrap - instructional material?

I attempting to do some heavily customized installs. It was suggested I investigate debootstrap. My initial attempts were only a partial success. While searching for more information I came across multistrap which appears more suitable for me.

The man pages and tutorials I've found so far demonstrate gaps in my background.

The material I'm looking for would likely have been prepared for formal coursework.

Suggestions?

Thank you