Re: Headless server just got suspended by updating systemd

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 06:01:45PM +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
> 2014/11/24 17:18 "Jonathan Dowland" <jmtd@debian.org>:
> > I guess your argument makes sense if you are talking about all source
> packages
> > from the systemd stable, including logind; it's unlikely Patrick's init
> system
> > was switched to systemd-as-init as a result of upgrading. Either way
> though,
> > he's moved from a 'testing' system at some indeterminate point in the
> past to
> > a 'testing' system now; neither are 'releases' and so the release
> schedule has
> > little relevance to his situation.

I don't have anything to add to the above, but I just wanted to point out
that your mailer seems to be mangling the quoting here.

> So, are you saying he shouldn't report a bug?

I'm not saying that, no. He should report a bug, if he can remember enough of
the details to make it a worthwhile report. Right now we have no idea what
piece of software was performing the suspending prior to upgrade.

--
Jon Dowland