Re: Headless server just got suspended by updating systemd

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Matt Ventura
<mattventura@mattventura.net> wrote:
> On 11/23/2014 8:31 PM, John Hasler wrote:
>>
>> Joel Rees writes:
>>>
>>> So, what should Patrick file the bug against?
>>
>> I'd file against udev.  That may not be correct but if not the
>> maintainers will sort it out.  Just explain that you are not certain of
>> the exact package and why.
>
> I think the bug here IMO is that a system simply shouldn't *do* things in
> general without me telling it to. If I close the lid of my laptop, unless I
> have told it to suspend when I do so, then it shouldn't suspend. I should be
> telling my machine to do the things I want it to do, not telling it to not
> do the things I don't want it to do.

I don't mind having yet another reason for telling the developers they
should have made the systemd based debian a parallel internal fork
with an independent release schedule.

But since they chose not to, this kind of bug is just expected to show
up, and the only way we can clear bugs like these is to report them.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you look at conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart,
and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself, as well.