Re: Headless server just got suspended by updating systemd

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 08:58:46PM -0800, Matt Ventura wrote:
> I think the bug here IMO is that a system simply shouldn't *do*
> things in general without me telling it to. If I close the lid of my
> laptop, unless I have told it to suspend when I do so, then it
> shouldn't suspend. I should be telling my machine to do the things I
> want it to do, not telling it to not do the things I don't want it
> to do.

That's not the precedent set in Debian for some time now. The approach
we take is "sensible defaults", and suspend on lid close (at least
whilst on battery power) is a sensible default. The other issue here is
that if you've told your system how you want it to behave once, it would
be ideal if you didn't have to tell it the same thing again.

--
Jonathan Dowland