Re: Q: wheezy: how to increase X resolution?

"D. R. Evans" <doc.evans@gmail.com> writes:

> I just installed wheezy on a new system, and no matter what I have tried, I am
> unable to get the attached monitor to display at 1920x1200. All my other
> systems display at that resolution when attached to the same monitor.
>
> I won't bore you with all the things I've tried without success. (At least, I
> won't bore you yet.)
>
> The Xorg.0.log file can be viewed at:
>   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18494055/Xorg.0.log

[    10.610] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module ast
[    10.610] (II) UnloadModule: "ast"
[    10.610] (II) Unloading ast
[    10.610] (EE) Failed to load module "ast" (module does not exist, 0)
[    10.610] (II) LoadModule: "vesa"
[    10.610] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vesa_drv.so

The module you're asking for isn't loaded for some reason.

--
Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
might swallow us.  Finally, this fear has become reasonable.