Re: USB problem, hardware issue?

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 12:56:31PM -0800, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> On 11/20/2014 12:24 PM, Joel Roth wrote:
> >Dear List,
> >
> >I started noticing a delay between when I start moving the
> >mouse on my T410 (running sid), and when the cursor actually
> >starts to move. I replaced the mouse, but it didn't help.
> >
> >Now I am noticing that when I've left the USB keyboard idle,
> >the first keystroke or two is lost.
> >
> >I also experienced journal I/O errors on  NTFS partitions on
> >USB connected disks, and difficulties with ext4 partitions
> >under loads of many concurrent reads and writes.
> >
> >Together I'm considering these may be symptoms of hardware issues.
> >Does anyone have experience with this?
> >
> >thanks,
>
> Do you have a liveOS on a cd/usb you can run as a test?

Good idea! I tried booting Rescatux, and didn't see any
trace of problems with the USB input devices.

And then rebooting my usual system, the issue with lost
keystrokes/mouse-movements return.  Happily, it's not
hardware.

Rescatux is 3.2.0-4-amd64, my current system is 3.2.0-3-amd64
In suppose the next step will be to try another kernel.

Regards,

Joel