Re: Q: wheezy: how to increase X resolution?

On Jo, 20 nov 14, 13:30:09, D. R. Evans wrote:

> I updated the ASPEED driver to make sure that it was the current version.
>
> Just in case it would help, I enabled the wheezy deb-multimedia repository and
> did a dist-upgrade (it made no difference).
> The only thing I know about the ast driver is that, whatever it is,
> the
> Xorg.0.log file says that it can't be loaded. I know nothing else about it at
> all. If you can suggest other places for me to look, or other files I could
> upload to dropbox to help learn something more about the ast driver, I would
> be delighted to act on your suggestions.

Most current x86 systems use one of AMD, Intel or nVidia chips and
Debian has drivers for all of them, but as far as I can tell not for
your adapter. It might be prudent to give more details about where you
obtained it from (e.g. the download page).

> I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "video adapter". I am just trying to use
> the video provided by the motherboard; there is no separate adapter. The
> ASPEED 08.00.00 driver is the the one supplied by the manufacturer (ASUS).

Whether the adapter is soldered on the motherboard, on-die with your CPU
(as is common with recent Intel chips) or a separate card is irrelevant.

It might also help to mention the exact model/revision/etc. of your
motherboard.

Kind regards,
Andrei