Re: No Google bubble? (was: systemd for administrators, printable version.)

On 2014-11-19, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:

> Google has more ways to identify you than cookies or a login token,

Well, we're talking now about the filtering of search results for
dubious motives.

Someone posted a link to a web page that looked liked it was written and
designed with the average six-year-old in mind, that told us  what we
already knew, that if you turn on, or don't turn off, saving your search
history in google and search while your logged in to their services,
they tailor your results (and inform you of the fact with a little icon
or something while they're at it).

The rest of what has been claimed (different results when using
different browsers and/or ip addresses within the same country) although
perfectly amenable to scientific inquiry, remains unsubstantiated.

I do know as a google.fr user that google tailors results by *language*,
but *a priori* I don't see how that can be construed as nefarious in any
way, nor how you can get around it.