How to perform network data transfer accounting for a process/group of process?

Hello.

Which tools can I use or from which files in the /proc or /sys filesystem can I extract the information about how much data a given process has transferred since it started (or since the counter was reset) from given interface? I'm looking for something like the cumulative processing time shown by "ps aux" or much better, something like the CPU usage shown by "cpuacct" subsystem of cgroups.

Regards and thanks.