Re: udev memory problem when trying to plug a disk with corrupted partition table

On 20/11/14 11:14, "Morel Bérenger" wrote:
> Le Mer 19 novembre 2014 21:16, Scott Ferguson a écrit :

>>> I think it's msdos.

AFAIK mdos partition tables don't support anywhere near that number of
slices.  :(

I 'believe' it's possible to convert a dos partition table to GPT, but
can't find any guide in my notes. Perhaps some other list reader or a
search engine can help??

>> Could you post the output of "fdisk -l /dev/$ProblematicDisk" please
>> (you'll need to run the command as root)?
>
> Note that I think this output is actuall not complete, I suspect fdisk to
> not trying to show the whole one.

> # fdisk -l /dev/sdc
> Warning: omitting partitions after #60.
> They will be deleted if you save this partition table.

<snipped>

Kind regards