Re: Re: the developers have spoken

Please do not CC me, I'm subscribed to the list.

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 09:53:49PM +0100, tornow@riseup.net wrote:
> I could swear that the Social Contract states:
> We will not hide problems
> and
> Our priority are our users.

of course it does. But posting here about other OSes is not prioritising
our users. It's masking real requests for help from the remaining users.
It's making this support channel less effective for its purpose.

> I guess that doesn't imply that the users are allowed to say that they
> are not happy about decisions?
> You got any idea, any proposals what a user could do in case he doesn't
> like the actual decisions?
> Love it or leave it?

At this stage, leave it. As simple as that. The project position is
now unequivocal. We know that some people are unhappy. Many of us are
unhappy ourselves. But what's done is done.

> And, as a last note, don't worry: More valuable users will leave, or
> have already left,  than you can imagine right now. Not everyone likes
> it to be treated like an idiot.

Don't forget, I am also a user. If I felt the project no longer represented
my interests, I would leave.  I would not waste my time or the project's
by continuing to complain about what might have been.