Re: No Google bubble?

also sprach Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> [2014-11-19 21:46 +0200]:
> With the greatest respect Martin - have you tried testing it
> yourself?

No, I have not used Google for over 5 years by choice because I do
not like it when profit-driven entities make decisions over what
I should see.

With all due respect: have you not heard of the search bubble or are
you denying it?

Ever since switching to duckduckgo.com, I've found the better
answers. At first it's hard because DDG shows you the stuff you
aren't used to, but when I research, this is the stuff I want to
see. I don't want to be reconfirmed in the bias and prejudices
I already have.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

"perhaps debian is concerned more about technical excellence rather
 than ease of use by breaking software. in the former we may excel.
 in the latter we have to concede the field to microsoft. guess
 where i want to go today?"
                                                 -- manoj srivastava