Re: Re: the developers have spoken

Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Please DO report back. Some of us really do want to know the state of
> alternatives.

After 6 years of using Debian, which was pretty much the only OS i ever
used, Gentoo is a good systemd-free alternative for me. Slightly less
comfortable, but a helpful community makes it less of a problem.
Else Slackware (or, like said by someone else, *BSD*).
Dragora is an interesting alternative too, but small and really much
work.

Here is a list:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=118319&sid=5d63120850f72c365155771cadb5e591

As far it is me this *is* related to Debian, because people who used
Debian share similar values and are now looking for an option.
Back in the days Debian stood for something. And no: it was not "the
leatest and greatest" it was not "shiny and new". Martin Krafft has
given a good list:
http://www.debianuserforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23&sid=a3b78c5446eee6799deabb12379183b6
of the values why we used Debian. As far it is me also good reasons to
leave it now (rather: have left).