Re: moving LVM logical volumes to new disks

Patrick Ouellette <pouelle@debian.org> writes:

>> How do I make the VMs bootable after copying them back?
>>

> Maybe try a SuperGrub Boot Disk (or USB drive) if you are using GRUB.
>
> I would probably install on a minimal system on the new disks so they are
> bootable, create the new volumes, rsync, move to the desired machine and
> boot with the SuperGrub Boot Disk if the machine didn't just boot from the
> drives on it's own.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Xen uses something called pygrub (or
phygrub) instead of grub for the VMs as a boot manager.  If I copy the
VMs with rsync, I need to re-install this boot manager in the VM, and I
have no idea how I would do that.

--
Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
might swallow us.  Finally, this fear has become reasonable.