moving LVM logical volumes to new disks

Hi,

what's the best way to move existing logical volumes or a whole volume
group to new disks?

The target disks cannot be installed at the same time as the source
disks.  I will have to make some sort of copy over the network to
another machine, remove the old disks, install the new disks and put the
copy in place.

Using dd doesn't seem to be a good option because extend sizes in the
old VG can be different from the extend sizes used in the new VG.

The LVs contain VMs.  The VMs can be shut down during the migration.
It's not possible to make snapshots because the VG is full.

New disks will be 6x1TB RAID-5, old ones are 2x74GB RAID-1 on a
ServeRaid 8k.  No more than 6 discs can be installed at the same time.

--
Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
might swallow us.  Finally, this fear has become reasonable.