Re: iceweasel "Video can't be played because the file is corrupt"

On 11/14/2014 03:54 PM, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 12:00:15 +0200 Georgi Naplatanov
> <gosho@oles.biz> wrote:
>
> Hello Georgi,
>
>> You should install gstreamer1.0-libav (for Jessie).
>
> How does that help VLC?

I don't know about VLC, I had the impression that the problem is
playing videos in FireFox.

> {time passes}
>
> I tried nevertheless, and saw no changes.

Playing H.264 videos in FireFox for Linux was introduced in version 26
and FireFox's implementation uses gstreamer library so if you want to
watch videos encoded with h.264 in FireFox then you need to have
gstreamerXXX-libav installed.

You can check what codecs your browser supports on http://html5test.com/

Kind regards
Georgi