Re: engineering management practices and systemd (Re: Installing an Alternative Init?)

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 13:10:22 +0000
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Do you remember the Gnome/KDE war? Now
> > we have two great desktop. Let's not impose by law an init system.
>
> Yes, but Gnome is the default and you have to be an "advanced user" to get
> KDE.

Not really, you just have to choose whether you download the Gnome-CD, the KDE-CD, or the Xfce-CD (which I prefer).

There is choice without being "advanced".

Cheers,

Ron.
--
      The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed,
      but that he cannot believe anyone else.