Re: engineering management practices and systemd (Re: Installing an Alternative Init?)

Am 14.11.2014 um 11:26 schrieb Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>:

> Again, I can't comment on Fedora, but my Raspberry Pi runs systemd just
> fine. Also my laptop running is quite far from being a speed monster.

On my two Raspberries I do not care.

On a laptop it depends on your usage profile, and what your requirements are. My Acer One (Atom, 1 GB) got to slow after upgrade to wheezy. To much bloat, to much swapping.

And all this says nothing about big servers, which need some magnitudes more of reliability, stability and scaling. E.g. not using plain text files for logs causes problems in the long run and in daily work.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer