Re: Installing an Alternative Init?

Once upon a time Tanstaafl wrote:

> Yes, the procedures may have been correctly followed... but apparently
> it took something as major as forcing a major change (init system) to
> reveal the flaws in the procedures.

What really surprised me as I try to piece together what has happened
to my dear debian is that all this debacle has apparently been brought
on by merely four people (half of the 8 in ctte). I'd originally
thought this had been a major vote by all participants.

Clearly something is wrong with the procedures if it is possible for
only four people to so drastically change the course of debian,
against the wishes of so many.

--
Jyri J. Virkki - Santa Cruz, CA