Re: Installing an Alternative Init?

Le mercredi, 12 novembre 2014, 10.17:54 Miles Fidelman a écrit :
> Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > Le mercredi, 12 novembre 2014, 09.11:40 Tanstaafl a écrit :
> >> Which is precisely *why* (people) should have been required to fix
> >> that bug (…)
> >
> > This is simply not how Debian works.
>
> You mean a bug can't be marked as release critical?

I mean that people cannot be required to fix bugs.

Furthermore, the people in the Release Team have the final word (modulo
GR override) on what they consider "release critical". This definition
happens to currently match the policy severity definition, but isn't
necessarily so; in particular, they've used their 'wheezy-ignore' tags
during the last freeze for bugs that had a particular severity but that
they didn't consider "release-critical".

I can't insist enough on this: the Debian procedures have been correctly
followed; the TC took a decision which could be challenged by a simple
majority GR [0]. This GR has never been called by anyone with voting
rights, or hasn't gathered enough seconds to get to a vote. The TC
decision stays in force as a decision to have systemd as default init
system for jessie.

You might very well be unhappy with this situation, the way the decision
was taken, the way it wasn't challenged by the DDs, the fact that no
conditions were posed to systemd maintainers, or anything else, that's
totally fine. Please just be aware that repeating your unhappiness ad
nauseam will not change that fact.

OdyX

[0] <20140211193904.GX24404@rzlab.ucr.edu>